Woman

Thursday, April 30, 2009

...Jazz...


Jazz...something I don't know much about but enjoy listening to. Just like any genre of music jazz has many artists to choose from and many styles along with them. There is traditional, big band/swing, bop, cool, mainstream, hard bop, progressive, fusion, and crossover jazz.
Like I said, theres lots of jazz to hear but I really enjoy listening to big band/swing. I'm really attracted to the brassy sound and off beats. A lot of big band music is instrumental which I also love. I do also like jazz with vocals from artists like Frank Sinatra, and Michael Buble.
Jazz and Reggae use the same set of instruments like bass, electric guitar, brass and woodwind section, piano, and drums. What is interesting is how different both genres sound despite using the same instruments. I think it would be pretty cool to see a jazz/reggae mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment